Saturday, May 16, 2009

Prologue

Hello firends..
There is prologue for every story, so why dont I.. As this is story of me and Open Source . Working with Open source for last 8-9 years of my IT career it was a overwhelming experience. I still remember days JDK1.1 was introduced and iting experience when EJB got introduced.. days when I memorized ACID properties saying A for Atomicity and C for concurrency..days when I started definining my own MVC architecture based on command design pattern . The warm welcome that we offered when struts got introduced.
Over the nine years thangs had been changed and lots of new things got introduced... lots of experiments been done, open source did not remain confined to Linux or J2EE. PHP came in big way.. apache evolved astonishingly. Journey to the Apache2.0 was mind blowing.. mod_rewrite, mod_proxy, mod_ext_filter, php modules, mod_cache its coming great. An then it was Ruby started very humbly but got into limelight with Rails framework. The days when I worked on ajax using XMLHTTP object and using document.getElementById to access DOM element to the days when we have jQuery and out of the box support for ajax using Rails Tags, isnt it interesting..

I am going to use this blog to share all my experience with these technologies and how they moulded me as they got evolved. How I helped my clients, friends and colleagues in my this journey to bring up applications/solutions for them.

I hope you will also cherish this with me.

Nilesh

No comments: